Determined to pair children in foster care with loving families, Austin Cosmopolitan Rotary Club will partner with Texas Child and Protective Services to host Adoption Fest.
The event—which will be held on September 30, 2023, in Cedar Park, Texas—brings prospective adoptive parents who have been cleared by CPS and children in foster care together to interact and form natural bonds in a relaxed, fun-filled atmosphere.
The Austin Cosmopolitan Rotary Club and its volunteers will help facilitate genuine connections with a ‘Carnival of Fun’ featuring games, prizes, activities, and food. Additionally, each child is provided a backpack filled with gifts and a water bottle.
“Because of privacy laws, ACRC is unable to obtain specific information regarding the results of adoptions, but we have been informed that 100% of the children receive follow-up information requests and that the incidence of adoption resulting from our Adoption Fest is very high,” shares project organizer and ACRC member, Heidi Wittenborn. “We are honored that this event is considered one of the most successful of its type in Central Texas.”
- September 30, 2023
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Cedar Park, Texas (Location disclosed to volunteers upon sign-up)
- Volunteer: Many volunteers are needed for set up/tear down, registration, donation solicitation, lunch prep, activities, and more!
- Email Adoption Fest Coordinator, Heidi Wittenborn at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Volunteer shifts are available from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Donate: Make a monetary donation here, Purchase a carnival prize from our Amazon wishlist for arrival by September 29. Note: If the item(s) arrive later than Sep. 29 it will be used next year.
- Solicit donations: The event is only successful because of the generous donations of gifts, food, and backpack items. Help us gather in-kind donations by making an ask (or a couple) to local businesses. All in-kind donations are tax deductible. Donation request form. Tax deductible form to provide to donors.
- Spread the word: Share this article on social media and message your family and friends directly with easy copy/paste language right here.