Using Rotary Foundation Recognition Points generously donated by an anonymous donor, our district (District 5870) will match contributions of new cash made to the Annual Fund-SHARE during Rotary Year 2020-21 on a 1-to-1 basis in amounts of $250 to $500 for any active Rotarian in District 5870 who is not yet a Paul Harris Fellow +8.
Please note: These matches are limited to one per donor and will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis until November 30, 2020, or until the match pool is exhausted (whichever comes first).
Here’s how it works:
- Before making an eligible contribution, please contact Past District Governor Rich Kaye via email at email@example.com and let him know how much you intend to contribute.
- Then, send your contribution directly to the Rotary Foundation using the Rotary Foundation Contribution Form (123-EN) or online at my.rotary.org/en/donate. **IMPORTANT If you are going to donate on-line, be sure to sign in to My Rotary before doing so.**
- Once the contribution appears on your record, the District will submit the match.
There are a few exceptions. Please note that this program will not match:
- Contributions from anyone whose current Recognition Amount is $8,501 or more at the time the contribution is made.
- More than it actually takes to achieve PHF+8 status. For instance, if you have already contributed $8,500 to date, and now elect to contribute $300 more, the district will only match the first $200 so that you achieve PHF+8.
- Contributions made to any fund other than the Annual Fund-Share (i.e. PolioPlus, Disaster Response, Endowment Fund, Rotary Peace Centers, and Global Grants). While these contributions are both appreciated and important, they fall outside the parameters of the program.
- Foundation Recognition Point transfers.