COVID-19 has introduced an unprecedented amount of challenges to our community and world. In response, Austin Cosmopolitan Rotary Club is taking action to support to those indirectly and directly impacted by the virus. Please join us in our efforts by participating in one (or more) of the service projects below.
For questions, email our service lead, Jon Fankhuaser: email@example.com. As you serve, please post to social media using the hashtag #ACRCServes so we can spread positivity and encourage others to join us!
Send a kind note/letter to a nursing home resident or healthcare worker.
Social distancing has increased isolation, especially in vulnerable populations, like the elderly. For this reason, ACRC has officially adopted a nursing home in Wimberley, TX. Nursing homes are at the forefront of COVID-19 and the staff and residents are looking for support!
Please send as many letters as you wish to:
[A Special Staff Member] and/or [A Special Resident]
c/o DEER CREEK OF WIMBERLEY, 555 RANCH RD 3237, WIMBERLEY, TX 78676
- Write in large, legible font. Include pictures or photos if you want!
- If possible, open up and tell your story. Share who you are, big moments and accomplishments, great memories, and more. Whatever you are comfortable with!
- Avoid licking envelopes if possible. Our facilities will hold all mail for 24 hours to protect residents and staff as a precaution regardless.
- Be creative and stay positive—you are a source of comfort and strength for our residents and our staff!
- Encourage family and friends to get involved too, at AdoptANursingHome.com
With the lack of donating in recent months, there is a large shortage in blood donations nationwide. There are plenty of facilities making safe donation possible:
- Blood Donation Schedules in Central Texas: https://www.wrbdonor.org/donor/schedules/geo
- Red Cross Availability – https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/find-drive
Make a mask.
The Hill Country Ride for Aids has a goal of making 1000 face masks and they need help! They are using old HCRA shirts to transform into masks that meed CDC guidelines. If you’d like to participate, the organization has all the material you need.
Simply text Kyndal Braddick to coordinate a time to pick up/drop off materials at 512-922-8780