During the month of February, ACRC will be volunteering with Girls Rock Austin delivering food for their Operation Lunchbox initiative.
About Operation Lunchbox
In partnership with Keep Austin Together, a Travis County-supported, emergency food access network, Girls Rock Austin is providing current and previous community members with nutritious meals that can be easily easily frozen or microwaved (instead of product boxes with ingredients that need to be cooked).
Service Project Details – Drivers Needed
- Starting February 8th GRA will be sending two drivers every weekday to deliver meals. One driver to do the North Austin deliveries and the other to take South Austin.
- Each driver will make five stops and together will be delivering approximately 50 meals/day.
- Drivers can pick up meals between 9 AM and 1 PM.
- Pickup location: The Cook’s Nook, a commissary kitchen located at 502 Thompson Lane, (just off 183), Austin, TX 78742-2426.
- You do NOT have to be a member of ACRC to volunteer. All individuals welcome!
SIGN UP: https://forms.gle/SNKTNpGHjVSm9tGr8.
About Girls Rock Austin
Girls Rock Austin is dedicated to empowering womxn, girls, trans and gender-expansive individuals through music education, mentorship and self-care. GRA firmly believes financial, physical, and social barriers should not prevent anyone from gaining the self-esteem, self-efficacy and agency that comes from creative expression and thus provide scholarships and financial assistance for all of our programs. Through mentorship and creative expression, we aim to provide a safe space for folks to try new things, gain leadership and collaboration skills, share their stories and be heard, creating a positive social change in both our local communities and the world at large.
For questions, email:
ACRC Service Chair